Monday, June 04, 2007

The Bureaucrat's Brand

A ticket for a child's amusement park ride - with stamp

Old habits die hard. They LOVE official looking stamps in Russia. It must be approved by the Commissar! It was patently noticable how much stuff they stamp in this place. And I didn't even get a pic at the airport in Rostov when we arrived and our customs declaration form was stamped 6 TIMES - 3 on the front side and 3 on the back side! It was comical. These people are gonna get carpal tunnel syndrome from stamping so much. I haven't seen this many stamps since a Christmas Seals fundraiser.

Tea menu at hotel cafe - with stamp

My Russian Federation migration card - with arrival stamp on the bottom left. Yup, you guessed it, the bottom right will get a departure stamp. I can't wait.


My official invitation to Russia - with stamps


My registration card at the Hotel Rostov - with 3 different stamps


The wall of a pizza parlor in Rostov - adorned with stamps


The pizza parlor menu - with stamp

No comments: