Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Warren's Lobster House - Kittery, ME

I think this is Warren's

I was northbound on I-95 through New Hampshire yesterday thinking of where I could have lunch. I turned off in Kittery, ME and headed for the waterfront and found Warren's Lobster House. I'm not a lobster fan, but I'll throw down fish and chips anytime. Warren's is on Route 1, just north of the bridge that crosses into Portsmouth, NH. Skeeter, give me a shout out if you've eaten here. It's just down the road from the entrance to the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.

My haddock and chips were served in a paper-lined basket. The lining was a replica of a page from an old London newspaper. Nice Colonial touch. Let me tell ya, this haddock was good enough for Jehovah. I haven't gotten a bad batch of fish and chips in Maine.

My meal came with salad bar, so I threw together a Dave's Original - romaine lettuce, sprouts, diced hard boiled eggs, chick peas, marinated mushrooms and feta cheese.

I washed it all down with an IBC Root Beer.


From the bridge


7 comments:

Audie said...

Jehovah?

You're only making it worse for yourself.

Devastatin' Dave said...

How much worse can it get? Jehovah, Jehovah, Jehovah.

Anonymous said...

Blog Big Gay Dave! BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Washed it down with a 'Root Beer', man, that's criminal to do with fish & chips, what about a real beer, you whimp!

Devastatin' Dave said...

Why all the hate for DD?

Anonymous said...

no hate for DD, just looking out for the reputation of 'fish & chips'. you can't doing downing root beer...if those Brits found out, you'll be blocked from ever entering Europe again.

Anonymous said...

Yep ate at that place a few times. I specifically remember the London times paper lining. Hopefully you took a tour of the RedHook Brewery....never had the time myself but always wanted to see it.