Saturday, November 03, 2007

Hardin County, Ohio

Welcome to Hardin County

I lit out to the southwest along backroads until I hit Rt. 68 at Arlington, OH. From there, I headed south into Hardin County. Nothing but corn and soy bean fields and the occasional stand of trees. The air was crisp, the sun was bright and the tunes flowed from my iPod.

Dunkirk, OH - Home of Hardin-Northern High School...and not much else.


Wait, they have a Dairy Dream. Keep the Dream alive!


With a little paint and a few throw pillows...


United Methodist Church


Disrepair


Kenton, OH - The county seat along the upper reaches of the Scioto River. Supposedly, there is a rather large Amish community in the area, but I didn't see any. Probably out harvesting. The one thing I noticed about downtown Kenton - you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a church steeple.


The Hi-Road Drive-In Theater just north of town


A fortress-like downtown building. Prepare the vat of boiling oil!


United Methodist Church


St. John's United Church of Christ


Church of the Immaculate Conception


First Reformed Church


Presbyterian Church


Kenton Depot


Let's go to The Bar. By the way, it was open



Ada, OH - Home of Ohio Northern University and Wilson Sporting Goods, the only manufacturing plant that makes footballs for the NFL.


Ohio Northern University


ONU Campus


Golden symmetry


Downtown movie theater


Are you kidding? The Regal Beagle? I bet Jack and Chrissy and Janet are inside. Maybe Larry, too


All footballs used by the NFL are made here

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. A couple notes:
There is no i-anything. Ever.
There is no harvest after October - harvest moon, general election, etc.
How come they gotta drink the booze, then pray to the jesus so much?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Frank,

Don't be an iPod hater. It provides me with hours of music when I'm driving in the countryside and can only get classic rock or Jebus rock on the radio. Or bad talk radio.

I think they pray to Jebus and THEN drink, because the prayers don't get answered. I just skip the prayer and go straight to the drinking. Saves time.

And BTW...Pipe down!

Anonymous said...

"Come and knock on our door,
Take a step that is new,
Where the places are hers and hers and his....

You found the Regal Begal!

Ah...the memories of the in-fighting on that show make me weep for the old days...Joyce DeWitt is still bitter...

Peaches.

Devastatin' Dave said...

Peaches,

And the misunderstandings brought about by eavesdropping. Classic.

Anonymous said...

They should have called that show "jumping to three conclusions". That show ticked me off so bad, and Jack was gay. Hell, he showed up in Slingblade and confessed it to the world!

Skeeter

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo's as usual DD. I love seeing the older style buildings and the nice green countryside. It just doesn't stay green long in Colorado...oh I miss the green....