Sunday, October 19, 2008

FoJo Coffee Works Grand Opening

Two shots of espresso

On Friday, Oct. 17th, FoJo Coffee Works opened to the public. We still had equipment and stock items arriving on Thursday, so we weren't able to do much advance advertising for the opening. Had to rely on word of mouth and customers that came to Jimmy's for burgers and wings.

This made for a sparse crowd, but allowed me to get organized behind the counter and work out some kinks.

I've also decided on our signature drink. My barista training manual calls it A Shot in the Dark. It's comprised of shots of espresso in a cup of dark roast coffee. For my purposes, I've renamed it.... The FoJo MoJo.


Cookies, scones, mini-muffins and cinnamon rolls


The counter area


A late morning coffee klatch


Stephanie admires her work on the menu board


The Command Center

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm off to a 24hr shift.

I could sure use a Flo Jo Mo Jo right now!

Devastatin' Dave said...

Hiker,

Can't help you, but hillbilly heroin or crank will get you thru. Just jack the pharmacy key.

Anonymous said...

My retarded friend Dave (Not you, another retard)used to be a barista if you're looking for help and a way to feel better about yourself.

Can you post some more pictures of girls please? I don't have much.

Anonymous said...

Nice!!! I think you should have Star Trek day. Serve Andorian Frappachinos and give annoying customers the double fisted shoulder chop! You can borrow my Capt. Kirk shirt!!

Devastatin' Dave said...

Should we sell a tranya latte?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Ernie,

Don't need any help right now and I can't promise any more girlie pics. For now, you'll have to be content with not having much - except meds, of course.

Anonymous said...

Tranya! I hope you relish it as much as I !!

???

GENTLEMEN!

aaaah!

Devastatin' Dave said...

Skeeter,

NICE!!! Reprising the epic Clint Howard roll.

Tommy, what was the name of that episode? I know you know it.

Anonymous said...

Corbomite Maneuver! BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

Anonymous said...

What about a webcam in the woman's bathroom for me?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Ernie,

We're talking Star Trek right now. Come back later. And don't be a perv.

Anonymous said...

and the punch line is, there's no such thing as Corbomite! hahahahahah

suckers!

Devastatin' Dave said...

"Don't you think I know that?"

Anonymous said...

Aaawwwww, he's starting countdown!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, DD, the place looks fantastic, wish I was near, so I could be a regular visitor...maybe you are thinking, glad he isn't near!

So, how many types of coffee do you currently have to offer?
I like the South American ones the best, smooth and not too strong.
Ernie, do your best to hold back on the comments ;)

Devastatin' Dave said...

Stone,

Right now, we're offering Sumatra, Guatemalan, Hazelnut, a house blend and a decaf blend.

The house blend is a mix of Sumatra, Kenyan AA and Costa Rican.

The decaf blend is a mix of Guatemalan and Costa Rican.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully your using companies that exploit the migrant coffee growers.