Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Chuckbox - Tempe, AZ



In my continuing search for the best burger in the Phoenix metro area, I sampled the fare at The Chuckbox in Tempe for lunch today. After you step inside, you place your order at the beginning of a cafeteria-style line, under the Bill of Fare sign. The wood-fired grill is right in front of you as you place your order. The person taking your order is working the grill and yells down the line with any orders for the deep fryers.

Inside, there was seating for about 60, plus additional seating on two separate patios.

This was a good burger and it's rare to find char-broiled burgers these days, so I'm giving this a thumbs up and moving it to position 2b on my list of best burgers. I'm going back to check consistency, but I can see this place taking over the number 2 spot.

1. Five Guys
2a. In N Out
2b. The Chuckbox
3. Feeney's Pub



What you gonna have?


One of those burgers is mine


The warm, soft glow of the wood fire


Bacon cheeseburger with deep fried mushrooms


Take heed, ladies. No boozin' when preggers!


The condiment island


11:00 am and half full already


Corner of University Dr. and Forest Ave, on the edge of the ASU campus

2 comments:

RizV said...

how were the shrooms? I love shrooms Dave but usually the ones in the can.

Devastatin' Dave said...

You ain't right.