Monday, September 26, 2011

Pressed Into Duty

A beautiful DeArmond Guitar
The 2nd act on Friday night was Shannon McNally and the Smoke Signals. She and her band left later that night to continue their tour. On Saturday night I arrived at the music fest and ran into Alex, the event coordinator. The following is the gist of our conversation:

Alex: Dave, when do you go back to Phoenix?
Me: Tomorrow morning.
Alex: Can you do me a huge favor?
Me: Sure.
Alex: Shannon McNally left last night and forgot a $2,000 guitar. She needs it for a show in Tempe tomorrow night. Can you get it to her?
Me: You got it.

Her band was playing at the Sail Inn in Tempe at 8:30, near ASU, and I delivered the guitar at 4:00 p.m. Mission accomplished. (Do NOT say like GW)

3 comments:

Tom T. said...

Did you impregnate her in Tempe?

Devastatin' Dave said...

LOL. That would be a negative. Although she was quite fetching and she had a slight Southern accent that was adorable.

Devastatin' Dave said...

I delivered the guitar to her motel room at the Super 8 in Tempe. Her female bass player answered the door and there was another woman in the room who I saw shooting video during their set on Friday night. Those two, shall we say, were less than feminine. It was an awkward vibe. In retrospect, I'm surprised she didn't pass me a note that read, "Get me the HELL out of here."