Monday, February 26, 2007

A Most Curious Creature

Yes, this is a female

I thought it was just my imagination until this phenomenon was independently verified by one of my brothers while visiting. I'll call it The Transformation.

(While reading the following, imagine it being spoken by someone with a sophisticated, British accent.)

It seems that a fair amount of Spanish women undergo a metamorphosis starting around their mid-50s. They begin to shrink to 4'11" in height. Their heads become thick and blockish. These heads are then adorned with some variation of a Golden Girls hairdo. It's quite disturbing and does not bode well for the future of humanity. It's unknown whether The Transformation affects all Spanish women or just those of Catalunya. In any event, tread lightly as they are nasty and brutish.

A creature with husband

A stylish creature

Has the creature spotted me? Fear grips me.

A creature shopping

A creature out for a stroll

4 comments:

Devastatin' Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Devastatin' Dave said...

Thanks, Boss. Good to hear from you. Where you been hiding?

beamis said...

Look like seasonal fee collectors at Zion to me. Rembember the name we had for 'em? Buffarilla. They must go to Spain to retire.

By the way, do you remember some of you first words to me at the ranger dorm? I seem to recall you asking me if I had ever heard of a courtesy flush?

Anonymous said...

Looks like some of those "creature's" could do with a courtesy flush, by the look on their faces....