Saturday, March 06, 2010

Meatza = Awesome

Mmmmmmm

For those of you looking to avoid or reduce grains, flour, etc. in your diet; I give you: Meatza. I tried out a recipe I came across online and, for the first run, it turned out pretty good. It's basically a pizza baked on a "crust" of flattened meatball.


Seasoning blend consisting of salt, pepper, garlic salt, oregano and caraway seeds


Mix ground beef with two eggs. Add seasoning blend and grated parmesan cheese and mix some more. Spread onto a 12x17 pan


Bake for 10 minutes and pour off excess grease


Then, add toppings. In this case, marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and chopped onions


Back in the oven until the toppings are cooked.

Next time: I'm going to reduce the amount of salt, spread the crust out a little more on the pan and add more pizza sauce. Below is the link to the recipe:

http://www.justinowings.com/b/index.php/me/meatza-meatza

2 comments:

ernie the slow adult said...

Great idea, I can really see this catching on.

Might be an idea for a restaurant.

Devastatin' Dave said...

It would have to be an idea like Kramer's where the customer prepares it and puts it into the oven himself