Sunday, May 02, 2010

Cave Creek, AZ

Welcome to Cave Creek

Yesterday, I took an afternoon drive up to Cave Creek, which is north of Phoenix. It's a small tourist-y town with art galleries, restaurants and specialty shops. I made stops at Big Earl's and Cave Creek Coffee Company, aka C4.


Big Earl's

In my tireless, thankless job as Marker Researcher for Flippin' Jimmy's, I stopped at Big Earl's to try out the food. It's a small place filled with a lot of old-time memorabilia. Inside, there's a horseshoe-shaped counter along with a couple tables. Very quaint, but very crowded. There is also a large outdoor patio that provides most of the seating. The structure itself is a converted gas station.

I ordered the mushroom burger with Swiss cheese, fries and iced tea. The beef patty looked a little too symmetric and uniform to be a hand-formed patty. It was probably pre-formed and frozen. To be honest, it was a pretty bland sandwich. The french fries weren't anything special. All in all, not as good as Heart Attack Grill, Two Hippies or In-N-Out.

I wouldn't go out of my to go to this place. The entire meal cost me $11.50, $7.00 of which was the burger. If you're gonna charge me $7 for a burger, it better be lights out! FAIL. A lot of customers were there just to buy their milkshakes and malts, so maybe those are good.


Big Earl


The patio with two old gas pumps


My lunch


Stick your face here. Wait for it......That's what she said!


The front end of something being used as a fire pit


Big Earl's from across the street with Black Mtn. in the background


Cave Creek Coffee Co.

After lunch, I stopped here for dessert. This place is a combination coffee house, wine bar and live music venue.


C4


Chocolate pastry puff and latte


Some religious-themed artwork

2 comments:

Stone Works said...

So where has the best burger been, you have tasted out there so fat, Two Hippies?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Toss up between In N Out and Two Hippies.