Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lunch @ The Farm

The Farm

I was a Cincinnati Bengals fan for 35 years; that's enough nonsense for anyone. So, instead of spending 3 hours on a Sunday following a ridiculously amateurish sports franchise, I've decided to use that time for more productive and pleasurable pursuits, such as having a quiet lunch at an outdoor café or gouging my eyes out with a dull spoon. Today was lunch at The Farm at South Mountain in Phoenix.

There are 3 restaurants at The Farm: The Morning Glory Café for breakfast and brunch, The Kitchen for lunch and Quiessence for dinner. I had a leisurely lunch at The Kitchen, then walked the grounds. It was a beautiful Fall day under warm and sunny skies. I think I'll go back next Sunday for breakfast at Morning Glory Café.



Skeeter! Skeeter! Skeeter!


Lunch!


Your items are put in a basket to either eat on the patio or in the picnic area


Grilled chicken on a bed of spinach with tomatoes, dried cranberries, goat cheese and spiced pecans. Blueberry scone on the side.


A big shade tree covers the entrance to the patio


View from the patio


Picnic area under the pecan trees


Greenhouse and gardens


Morning Glory Café


Maya's Farm


Artists' Studio


The Retreat

3 comments:

Audie said...

Looks like a great place.

Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this place. I wonder when it opened. Andy

Devastatin' Dave said...

It was a very serene place. Hope to have a relaxing breakfast there this Sunday.