Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Travel Warning...


If you're ever in Barcelona near the Magic Fountain by Plaza de España, watch out for the two young gals in the photo above.

There's this park on the west side of town(Montjuic) that I go to occasionally. When I'm walking back thru the fountain area, I always get stopped by the same deaf/mute chick that shoves a clipboard in my face wanting me to donate money to her deaf/mute cause. She's about 14 and pretty insistent. I always say, "No gracias," and keep walking. The other day, she was there again, but this time with her deaf/mute friend. The friend shoved the clipboard in my face wanting me to write my name, address and donation amount.

3 TIMES I had to say "No gracias" to this chick. The fourth time, I took the clipboard and, in the Name column, I wrote "Rusty Shackleford." I didn't write down anything else, handed her back the clipboard and said, "Gracias." I turned and walked away. She was furious and, since she couldn't curse or scream at me, she decided to SPIT at me. Good times, good times.

I swear, the next time I come across her I'm sweeping the leg. She's going down!

(For those that don't know, "Rusty Shackleford" is the alias used by Dale Gribble in King of the Hill)

15 comments:

Lauren said...

Is the fountain really magical?

Devastatin' Dave said...

That's what they tell me, but I can't reveal too much, because it will ruin a future post.

Anonymous said...

Why do you say gracias if they're deaf? This is kind of like Kramer getting in the fight with the monkey at the zoo. Did se hit you when she spit?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Ernie,

I say "gracias" to see if they can read lips. I also shake my head while doing it. You know, non-verbal communication. She actually missed, which is sad because I was only about two feet away from her. I think her time would be better spent in deaf/mute school learning to read lips and improving her spitting accuracy.

Anonymous said...

You think they're realy deaf mutes? You think it is more or less of a crime to hit a deaf/mute? I say it should be less of crime.

Anonymous said...

Deaf or not and she probably wasn't, write down and ask her why isn't she at school...

Anonymous said...

oh yes, wear a bin-liner in case her spitting has improved...

Anonymous said...

All I know is that if I come across any deaf/mutes aka "the half-humans" on my walk home from work they better look out. DD has got me fired up!!!

Anonymous said...

Ernie, take a double dose of your pills, it isn't worth it...

Anonymous said...

DD, how far is Valencia from where you are living? Apparently, Valencia is home to Europe's largest Aquarium.

Devastatin' Dave said...

Valencia is about a 4 to 5 hour train ride from here. They also have a great tomato-throwing festival in September.

dagger said...

Dave and Patty say hello. We ar enjoying the comment section. Dave said it looks like Smitty has lost some weight. Maybe you are more photogenic than you think.

We remodeled the main floor of the house. The Grill was a lifesaver (no kitchen for 4-5 weeks).

Love to have you over when you return to the states.

Denver has had over 60 inches of snow in the last 3-4 weeks. Sub-zero temps for the next week. Unusually harsh winter.

Devastatin' Dave said...

Dave and Patty,

Good to hear from you. Glad you put the grill to good use.

I had to lose weight, since Dagger called me "Shaq" the last time I saw him. Nothing like a good Fostoria cutdown to motivate you.

I actually miss all the snow. It doesn't get cold enough to snow here.

I'll be sure to stop by the next time I'm in Denver.

Anonymous said...

Why do you have to "put two cents in" when it's only "a penny for your thoughts"?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Anon,

Because someone is making a penny off the deal.