Monday, September 27, 2010

North Towards Utah

Entering Lake Mead National Recreation Area

On the way to the music festival, I took Route 93 out of Wickenberg, AZ, up through Kingman and then to Lake Mead NRA. Currently, the highway goes right over Hoover Dam, but a new bridge and roadway is being built to divert traffic off the dam. I then drove through Lake Mead up to Interstate 15 and then north to southern Utah.


Barren and desolate


Approaching Hoover Dam


Lake Mead looks a might low


Hoover Dam


The new bridge


Massive bridge support


The Grid

Bonus Video: I took video as I was crossing Hoover Dam, which will be a thing of the past once they open the new bridge to traffic. No people or animals were harmed during the filming of this video, nor were any citations issued.

6 comments:

Tom T. said...

Did you see Frogman attempt to infiltrate the intake-portals?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Yeah, but I plinked them with a high-powered rifle. They went belly up, then sank to the cold, cold bottom.

ernie the slow adult said...

You drove your car through the lake!?!?
The mighty Hoover is a thing of beauty. Who else but god could invent that thing?

Devastatin' Dave said...

I did. I overinflated my tires and the deep treads acted like a waterwheel. It was awesome.

Audie said...

Did those RVs have a permit, or at least a stick to give to the ranger on the other side?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Aud - Ahhhh, memories of tunnel duty. Good times, good times.