Monday, February 28, 2011

Austin, TX

State Capitol Building

I flew into Austin on the 17th for a 6 day, 4 city tour of Texas. 3 of the cities - Austin, San Antonio and Houston - I'd never been to before, so it was a new adventure.


Downtown Austin -



Impressive structure


Looking south towards Congress Ave.


Austin skyline


Carriage house in disrepair


Burger joint on 6th St.


Lakes and parks -



Lake Austin, above the dam


The dam


Pillars under the 1st St. bridge


Bridges over Lady Bird Lake


Stevie Ray


Nymphs and satyrs


University of Texas - Austin campus -


Infamous clock tower


Darrell K. Royal Stadium


Statue of Earl Campbell - the most devastating RB I've ever witnessed


Longhorns practice


Dinner -

Dinner at Whole Foods - 1/2 lb. of brisket, 1/2 lb. of pulled pork, mug o' root beer

5 comments:

Tom T. said...

What's the wood on that carriage haus? Is that teak?

Speaking of hamburgers, my grandma always called em 'hamburgs'.

Hook em horns.

Devastatin' Dave said...

I think my grandma used the same term. She would give us bread with jelly on it, and called it "Jell Bread."

Devastatin' Dave said...

Not sure of the type of wood. That door is in pretty good shape, considering the rest of it is beat up.

Anonymous said...

wish I had known you were going to Austin. Max and I know a very cool and cuckoo grandma there who you mosdef would have enjoyed having some boozes with.

dindin at WF musta set you back a Franklin, no?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Dinner was about $16 for a lb of BBQ and a root beer.