Sunday, February 27, 2011

San Antonio, TX

The Alamo

Friday morning, I did a quick day trip down to San Antonio to see The Alamo and River Walk. They're both right in the heart of downtown. To be honest, there's not much to The Alamo and I was much more impressed by River Walk. Call me crazy.


The Alamo - The historic, Texas shrine where the likes of Bill Travis, Davey Crockett, and Jim Bowie died fighting the Mexican army, led by Santa Anna, during the Texas Revolution.

























River Walk - The San Antonio River flows through downtown and is lined with walkways, restaurants, shops, bars and fountains. I loved it. Placid, calm, soothing and relaxing.












































The Main Plaza - immediately west of the San Antonio River and River Walk


Bexar County Courthouse


San Fernando Cathedral


Inside the cathedral


Remains of commanders at The Alamo


Fountain on Main Plaza


View of Courthouse while dropping down into the River Walk

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didya'find Pee Wee's bike?

Devastatin' Dave said...

Ha! I did not. They wouldn't let me in the basement.